Friday, September 23, 2011

Foto Friday!

Dr. Boulad with my Mom.  I am so blessed to have such an
amazing mother!  She has taken such 
good care of
my children while I have been away
 and has also spent a lot
of time staying with me
 up in NYC.  I've enjoyed the time we
have spent 
together.  She has such a servant's heart and

 has always been a great role model for me. I am so proud to
call her my mother.

                            



Catherine is one of the Bone Marrow Transplant Nurse 
Practitioners.  She is amazing and always there to help with
 whatever I need.  She is pregnant with her first child and is 
due in December!







These are the stem cells that saved my life.  So thankful 
for a donor who was willing to sacrifice and give!  The
 transplant is given through IV and the stem cells spread out into
 bone marrow all over your body.  Isn't that amazing?


Dr. Boulad is the most compassionate doctor I have ever met and
he knows everything about Fanconi Anemia. He saved my life!  I was
diagnosed in November and had my transplant five weeks later.
He worked very quickly moving me to transplant and I am very
 thankful for that!  He is joyful and positive and always joking
around with his patients to keep their spirits up even during the
most difficult times.

This is Greg!  He calls me about appointments and always 
asks how I am feeling.  He does a great job keeping the 
Pediatric Day Hospital organized.

This is nurse Nancy.  She was taking care of me the night
my oxygen levels dropped to 70%.  She sprung into action and
I was moved to the Pediatric Observation Unit where they
could watch me more closely.  I was there for 7 days and
thankfully my lungs fully recovered.



This is a picture of Dr. Prockop giving me the bone marrow transplant
on December 29th, 2010.  It was the best Christmas
present I have ever received!


This is Adrian, one of my primary nurses.  She is amazing
and took such good care of me.  She always had a positive and
uplifting attitude and could always make me laugh.


Here is Matt folding my laundry while I was in the hospital.
I am so thankful for my amazing husband.  He has been my
rock throughout this whole process.  He has such a positive
attitude and has been so compassionate and patient.  I am so
thankful I married my best friend and that he loves Jesus even
more than me!  Our love for each other is stronger than ever!


A few of the Bone Marrow Transplant team members. 

Me with no hair!  I always wondered what I would look like bald!


Dr. Boulad giving me T cells to fight EBV.

Dr. Prockop giving me T Cells to fight EBV.  She is currently  
doing a research study on the effectiveness of using T Cells
to fight EBV.   I am thankful that it’s working!!

This is Nurse Practitioner Nicole.  She has been
a great encourager to me throughout the
past year.  I have chipmunk cheeks in this
 picture from being on steroids.  Thank
goodness my cheeks are back to normal now!